Book List: Assistants to Infancy Course
Titles can be obtained from the Association Montessori Internationale affiliate, AMI-USA (amiusa.org; go to the 'Bookstore' tab). They are also available from North American Montessori Teachers' Association (NAMTA).
If this list is revised before the course begins, students will be notified in advance.
Assistants to Infancy Required Reading:
by Montanaro, Silvana Quattrocchi, M.D.
- Understanding the Human Being
- Medical Text – Available for purchase from instructor at commencement of course
by Montessori, Maria, M.D.
- Education for a New World
- The Absorbent Mind
- The Child in the Family
- The Discovery of the Child
- The Formation of Man
- The Secret of Childhood
- The 1946 London Lectures
by Standing, E.M.
- Maria Montessori: Her Life and Work
Assistants to Infancy Recommended Reading:
by Eliot, Lise, PhD.
- What’s Going on in There?
by Erikson, Erik
by Kaplan, Louise
by Stern, Daniel
- The Interpersonal World of the Infant